Monday, April 25, 2011

#16 - Benefits of Dark Molasses (can be used as a sugar sub too)

Blackstrap molasses is an excellent source of manganese and copper. It is a very good source of iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium. In addition, blackstrap molasses is a good source of vitamin B6 and selenium.

Here's some benefits of using molasses in your diet (for more detailed information please read the link I have included below):
  • Increase your iron stores and in turn increase your energy and lower your chances for anemia
  • Helps your calcium needs go down
  • Use as an energizing mineral-dense sweetner (wow, more bang for your buck, you get a sweetner AND you are incorporating much needed minerals in our diet which we are deficient in due to the lack of minerals in our soil - see my post #2 on how to also use Himalayan Salt in your daily diet (which gives us an additional 84 minerals in our bodies).

So here's the link that will tell you all the details about the 3 bullet points I listed above:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=118&tname=foodspice


Here's a great link to a "nutritional chart" showing all the nutritional content of "organic dark molasses": http://www.nutrimirror.com/nutritioninfo/Sauces-Seasonings-Fats/10/Sugar-Honey-Molasses/68/Dark-Molasses-Blackstrap/185444/1.000/196466

Here's a link to the organic dark molasses I buy at WF, but in case you're like many people these days that love to buy things online, here's a link to find it online (I'm sure you can find other "organic" brands as well, this just happens to be the most common one I've found): http://www.amazon.com/Wholesome-Sweeteners-Organic-Molasses-32-Ounce/dp/B001M0G2PO


What an amazingly easy food to add to our daily diet and get so many fantastic benefits from it. 


BTW, my cat and dog LOVE molasses in their food too

For kitty (my cat, Bacardi), I dip a fork in my molasses bottle and then swirl that around in his wet food in the morning and he's happy as pie (it even helped me ween him off of "insulin" and get him in remission from Diabetes - there was more to it than the Molasses, but that was a big part of it - so please don't try weening your cat off of insulin unless you get some direction on how to do so - I got my direction from my homeopathic doctor and both Bacardi and I are elated that he no longer has to have shots twice a day and he's healthy as can be at age 14 - my vet was also elated).

As for my big 4-legged beastie (my dog, Selena), I add a tbl of Molasses to her food every morning and evening and she is happy as pie to have it (I also add 2 tbl of olive oil - which has made her coat so shiny and she just loves it).

No comments:

Post a Comment